People have spent 12.5 trillion hours online! Shocking, but that is what the Digital 2022: Global Overview Report says. There is also a double-digit growth in global social media users. The world is heavily relying on social media and the internet for getting their chores done. This is unquestionably a great opportunity for on-demand multi-service app owners to promote their products and services on the internet.
The latest growth in internet users and time spent online is an opportunity knocking at your door to use the best marketing strategies and pave your way to becoming #1.
How to Begin with App Marketing?
Implementing marketing strategies in the right way is important but before diving into the details, it is essential to understand the market.
In simple words, you need to execute exhaustive market research as one of the initial steps of starting with app marketing.
Statistics state that apps available exclusively to iOS users counted to approximately 2.18 million in the first quarter of 2022. On the other hand, there were 3.5 million apps hosted on Google Play Store as of the second quarter of 2022.
The competition is wild and in the upcoming years, keeping your on-demand multi-service app on top will become a tough fight.
You need to rely on market research to understand the need for your product. For that, you must find answers to the following questions:
- Who is the intended user group for your multi-service app?
- What does the market segment expect from your mobile app?
- How can this audience’s demographics and interests be used to create user personas?
- What are the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of your mobile app?
- How are your competitors approaching the target audience of the same demographics?
Once you get the answers to these questions, you can slowly accelerate your marketing efforts using the strategies mentioned in the blog.
Marketing Strategies That Promise Success
You can use the internet in the best possible ways to attract users and retain them. Here are some key on-demand multi-service app marketing strategies that you can implement and get better results, guaranteed!
Use your app’s website
A website is the first introduction to your product. It can surely impose a lasting impression on your audience. Thus, it is critical to have appealing landing pages and useful blogs that provide genuine information to the readers.
- Attractive landing pages: make sure all the landing pages, especially, the homepage of your website is visually attractive and triggers visitors’ interest. You have to design it in such a way that the user cannot help themselves but install your multi-service app.
Why the Dropbox website?
- It is simple and perfectly uses the copy, has the right whitespaces and visuals.
- Uses easy-to-understand yet powerful words.
- Focuses on the call to action right at the top.
- Blogs: they are an efficient way to put your keywords out on the web. You don’t need to stuff the keywords. Google will automatically rank your blogs if you write for humans, position the right keywords at the right place in the blog, make it unique, and provide accurate information!
Social media marketing
Right at the beginning of this blog, we mentioned that social media users have increased. It means that you now have a bigger audience to target all in one place! The average number of time users spend on social media is 2 hours 31 minutes as of 2022.
Thus, you can use Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok to promote your on-demand multi-service app like Gojek Clone.
Identify the right content to post and use multiple content formats to create a higher consumer engagement.
For example, Spotify #YearWrapped is a successful campaign that has reached out to millions of users.
The statistics mention that there were about:
- 60 million users who engaged with the in-app story experience.
- 2 million campaign mentions on Twitter.
- 3 billion streams were generated from the Wrapped playlists.
Can you believe that Spotify has a whopping 489 million users in more than 180 markets from around the world? The campaign worked wonders as users were triggered by the psychological aspects of personalization and FOMO.
Well, email marketing is still a thing and it can greatly impact the sales of your on-demand multi-service app.
Here, you need to create a mailing list of all your regular users and send promotional offers to their inboxes. This social media marketing strategy can significantly help you with user attraction and retention.
The best thing about this marketing strategy is that you target those who have piqued interest in your product. You can also use this strategy to extend unique offers to your loyal users and in return, they will spread the word of mouth about you.
However, make sure that your call to action in the email is clear!
For example, Netflix, the popular OTT streaming channel, uses attractive email marketing to increase engagement with its subscribers. In their email, Netflix provides a list of new content released on their platform and also includes the “Top Picks for You” chart!
This stimulates a sense of personalization for the users and leaving what they are presently doing, they head over to check out what’s new on the Netflix app.
You can use similar marketing campaigns for your on-demand multi-service app and become successful.
Prepare a marketing strategy for your application and spread awareness of your product. Well, there is no rule to using only one strategy at a time. Try mixing up all the marketing strategies to get better user interactions and retention rates!
All of these methods are tried and tested. Thus, you can trust these strategies and head on with promoting your mobile application.